The mission of the American College of Cardiology is to foster optimal cardiovascular care and disease prevention through profession education, promotion of research, leadership in the development of standards and guidelines, and the formulation of healthcare policy.
- Remain the primary professional association for all cardiovascular specialists in the United States.
- Provide a comprehensive and innovative program of high-quality continuing medical education for cardiovascular health professionals that is continuously monitored and adapted to address their needs.
- Produce clinical practice guidelines that are widely used at the most authoritative standards of cardiovascular care by generalists as well as cardiovascular specialists.
- Become the recognized authority on vocabulary, standards, and information structuring relative to cardiovascular diseases and their treatments.
- Advise federal and state government entities/agencies and private organization/institutions in a proactive fashion about issues that have the potential to affect cardiovascular healthcare delivery or cardiovascular specialists.
- Promote an optimal role for the cardiovascular specialist in the delivery of cardiovascular care.
- Track, analyze, and promote the conduct and dissemination of basic, clinical, cost-effective research in cardiovascular disease, and encourage appropriate types, foci, and levels of research.
- Monitor and provide a forum for public debate and discussion about ethical issues pertaining to cardiovascular care.
- Enhance international participation in the ACC.
- Remain a member-led, financially sound organization with appropriate and effective mechanisms to adapt to the changing health care environment.
Rhode Island Chapter of the American College of Cardiology Mission Statement
The mission of the Rhode Island Chapter of the American College of Cardiology is to be an advocate for accessible, highest quality, cost effective cardiovascular care for the people of Rhode Island and to actively support cardiologists in their efforts to achieve these goals.
Membership and Communication Committee
The mission of the Communication and Membership Committee is to effectively and efficiently disseminate vital and useful information to the chapter membership and committee. We are planning on utilizing the most state-of-the-art technology and mediums, in order to make this dissemination as user-friendly and time efficient as possible. We hope this will make the chapter recources valuable to members and their practices.
Rhode Island Chapter Bylaws
For a copy of the chapter's bylaws please click on the link to the right for a copy. RIACC Bylaws